Question What is Reaction Score?

dark Rd_

Reaction score
Since there is nothing related to showing the like count, I think this may display the number of likes but I am not sure. If the reaction score is not the number of likes than What is the reaction score? and where can I see my like count?

Attachments

J a g g u

Reaction score
Hey! Any reaction including likes, love, haha, sad, angry, etc... just like in facebook counts as a like. You will need 2 likes to be able to download stuff on here. I am working my way up as well just like you :)

AQBBB123

Reaction score
It is directly related to the like button so if you like a post of someones they get a +1 in reaction. It does not correlate to points from what i can tell though. Click like this post of mine and you will see only reaction goes up not points.

Reactions: Zoomer69

dark Rd_

Reaction score
Ok, I understood after your replies and after making some trials.

First of all, there are more choices when your mouse in on the "LIKE" link. So it is not proper to label this score as Like score in the profile info.
You don't have to like a post, you may also Love, Haha, Wow, Sad and Angry.

Secondly, what I noticed different from you is that only Like, Love and Haha increase the Reaction score.

As the third, clicking Wow, Sad and Angry does not decrease your Reaction score :)

and the fourth also the last, now the main question is that due to DS Rules it is required to have 5 useful posts and 2 post likes to be able to download from the forum, what does it mean to have 2 post likes.
Does it mean have really 2 LIKE ?
For example; your reaction score maybe 3 because of 2 Love and 1 Like, then your like count will be 1 and you will not able to download.
or, does it mean your Reaction Score will be 2? If you have 2 Love and 1 like you will be able to download.
if the second case is valid, then it may better to write Reaction Score 2 instead of 2 post likes in DS Rules.

Reactions: LSDeep

LSDeep

Digital Demon
Staff member
Site Administrator
Reaction score
It is directly related to the like button so if you like a post of someones they get a +1 in reaction. It does not correlate to points from what i can tell though. Click like this post of mine and you will see only reaction goes up not points.
basically hitting it there. in XF2.1 it basically replaces the likes. the main difference is possibly that the reactions can go both ways (positive or negative). think about it like a like/ don't like button in one ;)
i am not sure that i am 100% happy with it that way. but it is what it is without using addons potentially to restore the old like function.

cheers, L

Reactions: Zoomer69

LSDeep

Digital Demon
Staff member
Site Administrator
Reaction score
and the fourth also the last, now the main question is that due to DS Rules it is required to have 5 useful posts and 2 post likes to be able to download from the forum, what does it mean to have 2 post likes.
Does it mean have really 2 LIKE ?
For example; your reaction score maybe 3 because of 2 Love and 1 Like, then your like count will be 1 and you will not able to download.
or, does it mean your Reaction Score will be 2? If you have 2 Love and 1 like you will be able to download.
if the second case is valid, then it may better to write Reaction Score 2 instead of 2 post likes in DS Rules.
basically it means that you have to 'positive' likes. based on the new reaction score system. XF works out the positive vs. negative relations.
end of the day nothing really changes. you need to have 5 posts in sections/ subforums that count (i will post sth explaining that more in detail later) and two 'positive' likes. basically, putting it plain - do not post friggin crap! even if it slips the staff attention, your fellow members can now just down voted with reactions.
in a way, making sure your posts have a positive value to the forum/ thread is even more important because if other members think that your thread/ post is 'bollocks' they can easily express that opinion and making your life harder ;)
in a way a very nice (and unplanned on from our end) community 'moderating' tool that should motivate even more to think about your posts twice ;).

cheers, L